Thank you for visiting our web site. We have been involved with English Cocker Spaniels since 1986. I have been a member of the English Cocker Spaniel Club of America (ECSCA) since 1992 and and a member of the Canadian Kennel Club (CKC) since 1987. I am bound by the ethics and principles of both these organizations.
We obtained our first puppy in the summer of 1986 and started taking him to puppy socialization classes. We completed our first obedience title in May 1988. We subsequently purchased another obedience prospect and were hooked on obedience training. We really became aware of the importance of the adherence to sound breeding principles and intensive health testing as dogs belonging to friends of ours in the 90’s started to have issues in the obedience and agility rings due to poor health, poor structure or questionable temperament.
We are a very small time breeder of purebred dogs. We do not constantly “churn out” puppies. We do not breed every year. Our priority in any breeding is first and foremost to keep a puppy for ourselves. In almost thirty years in the breed, we have only bred 11 litters. We do a lot of different activities with our dogs, such as obedience, rally, tracking and conformation and that keeps us busy!
In our 11 litters to date, we have a few highlights and more accomplishments are coming. Dogs we have kept for ourselves we have:
- obtained 60+ performance and conformation titles in both Canada and the US. One of our girls was the first and the only English Cocker Spaniel to date to qualify for and participate in the invitational High in Trial of High in Trials
- won the prestigious Best Puppy in Puppy Sweepstakes, English Cocker Spaniel Club of America national specialty dog show at Huron Ohio, April 2009, defeating over 120 puppies and becoming only the 5th Canadian bred English Cocker Spaniel in over 50 years to win this award
- completed UD, CDX and CD obedience titles on 3 different English Cocker Spaniels of our own breeding in the last eight months of 2014
- achieved owner handled multiple group placements on two of our boys, despite only attending 6 to 8 conformation shows a year
- obtained “titles at both ends of their names” for several of our dogs
English Cocker Spaniels that we have bred and sold to other fanciers have accomplished the following:
- 60+ conformation and performance titles including AAC and AKC Agility Trial Champions, AKC and CKC Champion Trackers and the coveted AKC VCD3 designation.
- obtained both an American Champion Tracker (CT) and Canadian Tracking Championship (TCh), becoming the very first dog of ANY breed in North America to accomplish this. If you have done tracking, you know how much effort and energy that took for that special owner/dog team.
Most important of all, we have produced a number of very beloved family companions.
The last few years were busy for us. In 2010, we sold our cottage on Carfrae Island, Pointe au Baril, Ontario and purchased this property. The house was structurally sound but had been let go over the years. We have done a lot of work on the property, more remains to be done. We have an insulated, small training building that is heated and air conditioned, acres of fields that are superb for tracking and a pool that is wonderful for exercising dogs (and humans) in the summer heat. Our permanent outdoor obedience training ring was completed in 2015 and is resistant to the Northumberland Hills winds.
We are slowly turning our focus from breeding and showing in the summer conformation shows to full time performance training and competition. Our 2017 litter will be our last. Going forward, I intend to focus on completing several OTCH (Obedience Trial Champion) designations on some of our homebred dogs. Our beautiful tracking fields, just fifty feet from our front door, are very enticing for our tracking prospects.
Visitors are welcome, but we need to schedule your visit (and give you directions). To keep up with our various activities throughout the year, be sure to regularly check our news and updates page.